“All journeys eventually end in the same place, home.” ― Chris Geiger

Fiuuh~ I just got home few hours ago. I just had a short yet superb holiday. Yiay!
How's your holiday, folks? Everybody does really need a holiday, no matter where they go, how long, with whom, yeah they surely need it, so get up from your warm bed, take your clothes, go out and try something new, like bungee jumping or hunting tarantulas. Hoho, I'm kidding
Anyway I had been spending my holiday in my Mbah's house, somewhere on that village. Why I prefer go there alone rather than have another cool and expensive holiday? It's simply because I miss my Mbah so much, and moreover I get tired of this crowded city, so I need to see something greener and fresher.
When I said, somewhere on that village, it's really a village. Like you can't find TV in every house, there are so many cattles, a colony of hungry mosquitoes and there's no gas station near by. But I love it that way. My Mbah's house is still superb traditional, there's no TV, or fan and there's no stove. Oh and do not think we have ceramics as the floor, we have our own ground, literally ground! \m/

Here is my Mbah's, it's superb old pendopo house

Ground is everywhere, everywhere is ground!

Mbah Kung just passed away, several days before Ramadhan month, so My Mbah lives alone nowadays. She used to farm out, but since she gets weaker physically, now she stops and stays home and plaits mat.

My Mbah always refuses when I want to take her picture, hoho

My Mbah has been plaiting like for about during the century, haha. No, she plaits since long long time ago when she got married with Mbah Kung. Mbah will plait the mats, and Mbah Kung will sell it through villages. Sweet! Since Mbah Kung has passed away, so she usually sells it to the traditional market.
She plaits so fast, like no need to take a look to the mat, like she can do it while closing her eyes. I love to watch her do plait, and get confused and dizzy after that.

The half-done mat and its material, the material is called mendhong

Oh, I have a must food to have each time I visit my Mbah. It may look unappetizing, but believe me that it's another heaven on earth.


I stayed there for about 3 days, and I feel so good. Saying goodbye for awhile to my recent activity and duties, just enjoy my self-quality time, have different daily-life for few days.
People in this village start their life before the dawn, they clean their house, take care of their cattles; feed them, go to the field, bring their hoe and sickle, and some wives will go to traditional market. They make me feel so alive.
After sholat subuh I sleep again for some minutes, after that I will have breakfast together with my Mbah. I spend most of my day talking with her. We shared, we laughed, we gossiped. It was really fun. It recharged me :)
Me and my Mbah
ps: mind my pillow face, I haven't taken a bath

She is uncommon to face camera, like she laughed alot when we want to take the picture 'cause she was confused about what to do, then I said, "Smile mbah, and take a look at the camera." And see, what expression is it? Hoho
When I came to meet her when I was child, she always kissed me while praying that someday I'll be an obstetrician, but now when she has already known that I'm in FKIP (my mom told her), she always prays that one day I'll be a good teacher :')
She loves to eat bones, like bones you find in meet/chicken/fish. Strange, yes? And she loves to make superb-sweet-tea, that can make you get diabetic soon. 
Oh, I'll miss her a lot.
And I'll miss these views as well.







So, how's yours?

Kisses and Hugs, Anggra

Comments