“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” ― Mark Twain

Thank God tomorrow is holiday, that's why I can write my post tonight. Hellyeah!
Ouch, this early rainy season kills me alot, almost 3 weeks I've been suffering from this bad cough even it makes me feel like okay let this cough gets tired by itself without me taking any medicine because it feels so bad and exhausting when you've gotta cough once 10 seconds. It gets worse because I hate to go seeing doctor and drinking medicine, and being wet all the time going home sucha thing makes this sick into the worst part. Wish me get well very soon folks~
So, well I don't know how to start this post. Okay let's say that on 22 November is my birthday and how I got speechless with things happened to me for this far.
I'm not typically person who love celebrating my birthday, asking so many friends to have dinner and or hanging out somewhere and paying food for them, maybe I used to be that way, few years ago, but now it's totally different. I now tend to have no special celebration, I love to meet couples of friends and have meals together, like we usually do.
I don't know how can this be, but two days before my day, my mother asked me in the early evening whether I wanted her to cook me some meals due to my birthday, then she asked me what meals I want her to cook, then I said anything wif bunch of vegetables. It didn't stop in that question, the following question was, "How many portions I should make and how many friends do you have?" then it was one of the most difficult questions I had ever got. I was being so dumb because wasn't able to answer that question confidently. I said, "Maybe around 10, errmm well no, 7 I suppose." It was such a dramatic question I tell you, even me myself not really sure how many friends I have. Then I said again to my mom, "Ermm it maybe only about 5 Mom, but you can make extra portions." I was a lilbit in tears since you know I felt lilbit pathetic. I have many friends, but like friends you really into them then really I only have that countable numbers. So, yeah then here we go, I asked them to come to my house for having meals together. Not so big occasion, seriously. I do only need them to come and eat. That's it. But what I've got is beyond any gift. They came to mine, we talked and shared any random things as always. I was really grateful that it never be the same way anymore, I'm grateful I get know better that it's not merely about how many people congratulate me, how many friends come to my house to have dinner together, it's not about how many gifts I got and what are they. It's all about that thing, that Saturnian. That happiness in simplicity.

As I get older, those things no mean so that much to me. I don't hope anyone to congratulate me and send me gifts, it feels so selfish if I keep wanting those typical things happening all the age of my life. Anyhow, I do really appreciate them who did congratulate me, send me gifts and wished those prays for me. I'm blessed of having my mom who secretly so care of me, having those couples of besties who support me alot and love me as their own family, and for the extra blessing, I've met those superb boys and girls a.k.a my lovely students who treat me so well, even when I no longer teach them. Thank God for giving those blessings, for letting me find them.

I have no special wish this year, I just wish that I can do my thesis and finish it on time. Then pray to God for giving me direction about where should I go and what should I do after graduated. And always I pray for my happiness and health, my mom, my family, my friends.
Hopefully I can get better, richer and fuller life in any matters.
Hope those come true, Ameen.

Kisses and Hugs - Anggra

PS: Oh ya, I got some extra gifts. So me and so loveable!
 
National Geographic Magazine, a novel entitled Simple Miracles: Doa dan Arwah and a black shirt. Yeay!  

And here it is my most lovable birthday back song : ♫ Sugarcubes - Birthday (you may click it to go watching the video)

All photos taken by Anis Kumalasari

Comments