Anggra and K-Pop; How I Realize That This Kind of Music is Way Too Dangerous and Extreme for Me

Some of mon friends might know lilbit about what kind of music I keep listening to. Well, they don’t specifically know the singers, but perhaps they know the genre that I’d love to listen. I really like listening to indie folk music whose singer’s voice is calming and touching. That type of music is kinda healer for me.

Anyhow, it doesn’t mean I don’t listen to other type of music. Most of my fellows get surprised whenever they know that I listen to K-Pop music as well. As you might realize, K-Pop is so different with indie folk.  Lemme be honest, I listen to K-Pop music, but not as much as I listen to my heavenly playlist. I’m quite familiar with Big Bang’, iKon’s and some other boy band or girl band’s songs, but that’s it. I just merely listen to their songs without giving too much attention to their live performance and daily life matters.

Sadly, this year, my life is officially ruined by a boy band named NCT. I firstly got attracted to them because their fashion style is so fuckin’ awesome made me in love instantly. Soon after I found their songs and music videos, I had to admit that their performance has stolen my attention. I love their tracks and dances since all of them are so cool I can’t stop watching. I always love seeing boy band who dances in such a perfect synchronization, harmony and power. It kinda self-satisfaction because since I was teenager I always wanted to have a good dancing skill. Moreover, their outfits get me sick. So, yeah, I get knocked down for many reasons.

NCT 127 on Spotify on Stage (@rifaluna)
I have a concerts list of singers or bands that I want to attend before I die. Those 10 bands I mentioned in my previous posts (click to read more) are included in my list as well. However, life is always full of surprises, right? Among those bands, I unexpectedly got a chance to watch NCT first instead. Like, is this a joke? I even have never had a thought about it, me watching NCT? I mean, watching a boy band performing live is something out of my list.

Even though at first I was like not-really-wanna-do-it, but it’s free though, so I finally attended Spotify on Stage to watch NCT. It was the first time for me to attend a concert performing K-Pop music and it was beyond my expectation and imagination. I met so many extraordinary K-Pop fan girls/boys. When I said extraordinary, it was literally extra and super, in all matters; excitement, energy, loyalty, craziness, wildness.

Some fans even came to the venue at dawn just to make sure they can be the first who enter the hall. I also saw many fan girls/boys prepared lot of stuffs like banner, light stick, poster and any other merchandises to the concert. The main goal of those efforts is of course to be noticed by their idol. The concert which should belong to many singers from several countries looked like a NCT tour concert, since most of them were coming to watch those boys performing for the first time in Indonesia.

I was dumbfounded yet impressed experiencing sucha concert-shock culture, to be frankly. I can’t believe that those fan have so that big dedication for their idol. Whenever I watch my favorite band concerts, I usually come late since I only need to watch them and I don’t wanna wait too long. That’s why I got shocked after knowing that NCT fans willy-nilly came friggin’ early in the morning to get the very front queue. Some of them even got involved in a small fight because of the long queue.

During the waiting time before entering the venue, they didn’t stop talking about their biases. They talked so excitedly and admitted that they were so nervous because soon they would meet their idols, while I was zoned out and feeling just okay and neutral. Well, actually I felt like an alien from out of nowhere thinking like how come I be so dare to join this loyal fan girls squad and watch this concert.

NCTzens have waited since very early morning(@rifaluna)
NCTzens have waited since very early morning(@rifaluna)
The queuing process is actually only a small part of these fan girls war, since the real battle happens in front of the stage. I was standing in 2nd row from the stage if I’m not mistaken. So, I really knew how everyone tried to push each other since they wanted to get the best spot to see NCT, to take pictures and videos and to be as close as possible. I got pushed and my head got slapped for many times by other people, but it’s okay though. I thought that was the sensation of watching K-Pop concert I should feel and experience, right? To be noted, what happened to me like being slapped or pushed during the concert was just a small incident because later when I was going out the venue, I knew that many girls fainted in the middle of the crowd and needed to be rescued by medical crew.

The crowd of Spotify on Stage 090817 (@rifaluna)
When the concert was over, I learned so many things. I realize that I can’t never be like those fan girls. I can’t join K-Pop concert as much as I want to attend my favorite bands’ concert because its atmosphere is way too extreme for me. I mean, I like NCT, I’m happy that I got a chance to watch them live, I also sing all the songs as best as I could, but that’s what it is. I just can’t see my self preparing many stuffs just to get their attention, I don’t wanna collect any of their merchandises, or stickers, or accessories, or whatsoever. I don’t wanna push and be pushed while enjoying my favorite singers. I just want to see their perform comfortably because I know it would be amazing.

NCT 127 on Spotify on Stage (puspaoh)

NCT 127 on Spotify on Stage (puspaoh)
NCT 127 on Spotify on Stage (puspaoh)

Anyway, one thing should be noted, there’s nothing wrong of being a fan girl. I always believe that every person has their own to enjoy and appreciate musics that they like. It’s just maybe I am not even in their level, I’m just me. Despite of extreme and dangerous process I should experience in this concert, I realize that K-Pop fans are really something. They are indeed superb extraordinary supporters. They didn’t only sing the fan chants, but the whole song and it was fuckin’ awesome. That’s what made me amazed and felt lucky since I was able experiencing this K-Pop hype.

I respect them from the bottom of my heart for their loyalty and dedication of being a true supporter. Now, I know, even if it’s only a small part, that being a fan girl is not easy. Many people out there might look down on them and think that their actions are just so silly. While in my point of view, they just have different way of enjoying musics. In addition, they don’t harm anybody anyway, then so what?

Here is a video to show you why I do really respect K-Pop fan girls, 'cause like I've said, they are not that ordinary supporters! Me salute!


Comments