These 5 Bands are the True Definition of Eargasm; Purely Too Good Makes You Wanna Cry

I consider myself as a so-yesterday person. I have no idea about what movie is happening right now, I don’t even know any songs the millennials have currently been listening to. Whenever I work, mon workmates always play musics through Spotify and mostly I don’t have any clue what songs or singers are played. That’s why I prefer listening to my own playlist through earphone all day long.

Some people might say I’m a boring human being, I guess it’s kinda true. I can keep listening to the same songs or singers for weeks or months. If I like a certain song, I’ll stick to it for such a long period. The thing is I don’t really listen to the hype and popular musics, no wonder EDM is not really my thing. I have such a tendency to be in love with those un-popular singers/bands.

If someone asks me what songs I’m listening to and when I tell them, mostly they’ll just nod and give no comments since they don’t have any idea about those musicians. These bands have small numbers of listener, follower in social media, and subscriber in YouTube. Anyhow, that’s what makes me even more in love with them.

Indie folk bands (BBC-Instagram)
Well, my playlist consists of singers whom I consider as Bon Iver’s squad. Why? Because believe me or not, these singers has really similar voice with Justin Vernon. Sometimes, I still can’t believe how come these band vocalists resemble Bon Iver’s vocal. Surprisingly, they are not monotonous at all, they all sound good as hell. I always remember that I was crying like moron when I heard each of them for the first time.

So, here are 5 bands with similar voice, they are my real definition of eargasm. Go grab your tissue, I bet you’ll end up crying ‘cause these guys are too good to be true!

1.  Bon Iver

Bon Iver (BBC)
Justin Vernon a.k.a Bon Iver is kinda my first love of indie folk rock music. He might be the most familiar name in my playlist. Even though the band’s name is derived from French, this band actually comes from America. I started listening to them since several years ago. Vernon has what I call it as poisonous voice. The first album ‘For Emma, Forever Ago’ became such a big hit on 2007. 5 Years later, they released the second album ‘Bon Iver, Bon Iver’ which brings Grammy Awards for them. So badass! This year, Vernon and his guys just released their third album entitled ’22, A Million’ which has a whole difference nuance from his previous albums. Anyhow, each time I listened to their song, I feel like I was in the middle of hills or forests or quiet villages. Their songs give you such a peace, that’s why they should be listened each time you feel exhausted of those life dramas. I bet his falsetto will become your highest eargasm.
Songs you should listen: Perth, Blindsided, Re:Stack, 00000 Million



2.  Vancouver Sleep Clinic

Vancouver Sleep Clinic (@vancouversleepclinic)
If God only allowed me to listen a band/singer for the rest of my life, then it was Vancouver Sleep Clinic. I met Tim Bettinson for about 2 years ago. It happened when I was watching a romance movie and suddenly heard his voice. At first, I thought it was Bon Iver song since it did really sound like Vernon’s voice. The fact is I was wrong. I found this shy and cute guy from Brisbane. Tim is used to sing as solo singer and made VSC as his stage name. Just lately, he started working with his mates and declared themselves as Vancouver Sleep Clinic, I mean as a full band. Tim’s voice as poisonous as Vernon’s, believe me it’s gonna be so hard for you to know which is which. VSC released his EP entitled ‘Winter’ in 2014 and recently they have a comeback with a full mega friggin’ awesome album named ‘Revival’. I love Tim’s falsetto, smooth and touching voice, I love those songs, I love the MVs, I love the lyrics, I love everything about them I think I’ll go insane. When they released Revival, I was crying at the office like stupid after listening to the songs. Yass, I’m so that lame. You’ll thank me for telling you about their existence.
Songs you should listen: Rebirth, Collapse, Killing Me To Love You, Someone To Stay, Living Water, well basically just go listen all of them!



3.  Novo Amor

Novo Amor (@iamnovoamor)
Novo Amor is lyfe, Ali John Meredith-Lacey is laff. The first time I knew this man was because of my sister. Well, yeah, she has kinda similar music taste as mine. So, I freaked out since, again, his voice is so alike Vernon’s and Tim’s. Ali is a multi-instrumentalist yet a singer from Wales. He realesed an EP ‘Woodgate, NY’ back then in 2014 and the newest ‘Bathing Bath’ was just released this year. Ali’s voice is angelic and magical like how can someone has such a heavenly voice like him? Despite of the lyrics, his songs are purely to good get your heart moved, hurt, and relieved at the same time. He puts his emotion through those goddamn good melodies. I don’t know is it only me who can’t never be bored with his songs. I can listen to him while on my way, studying, crying, basically anytime. My most favorite song of him is included in the newest EP entitled Carry You. The song is so insane, you do really need some tissues!
Songs you should listen: Carry You (A MUST), or any songs in Bathing Bath, Weather



4.  James Vincent McMorrow

James Vincent McMorrow (castig)
To be honest, in few seconds, I thought I would drop McMorrow from my list, but while I was listening to his song, I realized again and again how similar his voice to Vernon’s. Goddamn you guys! McMorrow might be quite familiar for you guys. He gets famous after publishing his debut album named ‘Early in the Morning’. The most similar things about McMorrow and Vernon are the way they sing, the way they pronouce words, like their articulation are so alike. I mean, it’s kinda hard to explain. You should put them together on your playlist to really get what I mean. Another interesting thing is that both Bon Iver and McMorrow are Ali’s inspiration for making his music. No wonder their music nuance can be seen through Ali’s works. McMorrow has created 4 studio album in total. The latest entitled ‘True Care’ was released this year. Go grab him, but be aware, he can spell you through every melody. This man is really dangerous!
Songs you should listen: And If My Heart Somehow Should Stop, Constellations



5.  Fractures

Fractures (@fracturestunes)
Fractures is the reason why I make this post. I just knew this guy for less than a week, but I have already been in a deep love with him. Having the same background with Novo Amor, Fractures whose real name Mark Zito is a singer and also a multi-instrumentalist from Melbourne. Among these 5 bands, Fractures is the only guy I can’t find in Wikipedia. For God’s sake, what’s wrong with this society? How come Wikipedia has no idea about a genius like him? His voice is calming, moving, and healing, too good to be missed. I’m not really sure whether or not he has released any album, but he works alot and has bunch of singles. I have been sticking to his song entitled Lowcast recently, I can’t even move on yet. Fractures currently colaborates with Yeo and makes his latest single named Chasing Shadow. His songs is so gewd to be listened in the early morning or late afternoon. You won’t miss this guy, catch him and you’re welcome!
Songs you should listen: Lowcast (OF COURSE!), Mortal, Time Frame




Anyway, except Bon Iver (260k), those 4 bands have really small numbers of subcriber on YouTube which is around 30k-60k. Even Fractures only has less than 4k subscribers. Who cares, anyway? This fact makes me think that I have kinda exclusive taste of music. Doesn’t it feel so good listening to songs or singers not commonly known by people? Give them a shoot and welcome to the squad, cheers!

Comments