Hyukoh; That Superb Music, Great Concert, Surreal Moment

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna
I still remember the moment when I first knew that one of my most favorite bands in the world gonna have a concert in my country. It was in September 16th, 2017, I was literally screaming and then crying on my desk. Nothing can really describe the way I feel at that time.

As I had mentioned before in my previous post that Hyukoh is one of many bands get listed in my should-be-watched gigs before I die. Anyhow, I never imagined and had no idea at all that they were going to Indonesia this year, like super fast! Jakarta is chosen to be the last city where they will have closing performance of their first world tour. All hail to Juni Concert who brings them to the town.

For 2 months I keep listening to their music through my playlist, can't get bored, can't get enough. I'm so ready to watch them performing live in front of me.

When the big day is coming, I was so friggin' excited yet nervous. I know it sounds insane or too much, but it felt like I was going to meet the man I have been having a crush on for so long. The concert was scheduled to be starting at 8 p.m, but I came really early at 4.30 p.m. Thus, I could hear them having rehearsal from the enter gate. I got goosebumps and almost cried.

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna

Even though the concert was late for 30 minutes, the vibe and hype just stayed the same. It was the kind of concert I always dream about. The stage is just so simple; no big LCDs, no stage effects, no too much lighting effects. It was just a common stage, with 6 fenders and 1 drum set. The stage background is just a black backdrop with no poster or letters indicating the band's name.

One of things that I also love the most about Hyukoh concert is the chill concert goers. Everyone is so enthusiastic to see the boys coming to the stage, but they try to stay calm and follow the rules. They stand in line orderly, they don't push each other and the most important thing is that don't scream too much. Some of them even chose to stand in the very back row to be able to see the whole stage and be comfortable. The atmosphere was so perfect for such a nice and enjoyable gig.


Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna
Hyukoh comes to the stage at 8.30 p.m and opened their concert with 'Tokyo Inn' and then directly moved to 'Comes and Goes' and 'Leather Jacket'. The first time I heard that goddamn raspy sexy voice, I was like about to cry. Oh Hyuk voice is insanely good and calming and touching. I can't even find the best words to describe how great it was. The music was so good, the sound was perfect, even if they had just performed the first three songs. I also love that the audiences didn't scream too much so that everyone can enjoy the music at its best.

There is something else that makes Hyukoh's concert feels so different. It was about their interaction with the concert goers. As you might have already known that they are dissimilar with KPop, I mean they are not Kpop, well they don't have that sweet and cheesy vibe. Oh Hyuk, Dong-gun, In-woo, Hyun Jae are just like the 80's cool kids on the block. They didn't talk too much. Oh Hyuk shyly greeted the viewers and introduced themselves after the third song and I told you that the introduction was really really simple. "Hay, we're Hyukoh, this is our first concert in Indonesia." Yass, even though it was just as simple as that, Oh Hyuk's voice was really hypnotizing and drove the girls gone mad.

Without further cheesy or sweet talks or any gimmicks, they sing every song in sucha coolest way. I was pretty surprised because they put some singles like 'Panda Bear' and 'Wonderful Barn' to their setlist that night. Who cares tho', I like all of them anyway.

They sang 19 songs in total; most of them are songs from album 23. Believe me, words can't even describe how great and satisfying and cool the concert was. It's too fuckin' badass and awesome it almost feels so surreal for me. I mean, I was craving to see them lately, at that time, (and probably many other people do), and then boom! They just agree to put Indonesia as the last country of their tour, in a very last minute. It was kinda miracle, I would say.

Even though they sang my most favorite tracks like 'Gondry' and 'Paul', I was kinda lilbit surprised yet sad to know that they skipped 'Ohio' and 'I Have No Hometown' in this gig. To be honest, at first I thought they would skip 'Paul', since I knew the song is more lilbit unpopular than the others, but surprisingly, they chose 'Paul' than 'Ohio'. In addition, I was also so sure that they would sing 'I Have No Hometown' and I got a plan to sing that song as loud as I could. Anyhow, it was too unfortunate that they didn't play the song.


Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna
 And lucky me for getting a chance to take the pictures so this close. Daang!

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna
What I can say, Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017 is dabest and dabombest concert I've ever had in my entire life. It's a true definition of dream concert. I was overwhelmed by everything in this gig, finding myself singing, dancing, enjoying and absorbing every single damn lyric. It was one of the best moments in my life. I wasn't even feeling tired at all, literally, anyway.

So, here are some pictures I have taken during the concert, hope you can see the bloody damn superb vibe from these shoots. And who’s next? Hopefully, it’s gonna be Zion T, or South Club, or The Black Skirts will be awesome!


Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna
Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna

Hyukoh Live in Jakarta 2017/27112017 - @rifaluna
And a bonus of them singing my all time favorite song, Gondry!



Cheerio!
-Angs-

Comments