Vancouver Sleep Clinic; So, This is How It Feels When Your (Literal) Dream Becomes Reality

Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @rifaluna

About 4 months ago, on May for precisely, I had a really creepy yet hilarious dream. I woke up after 9 a.m and realized that I just dreamt about Vancouver Sleep Clinic. I dreamt Tim Bettinson and his guys was performing in front of my house. When the gig was over, he said hay and hugged me as we've been friends for long time. Soon, after waking up, I sent a DM to Tim, telling him about my weird dream. He said that it was so sweet and he wished he could make that dream reality.

And here we go!
In another morning, my sister woke me up and told me that VSC was invited into Hodgepodge Superfest 2018 held in Jakarta. To be very honest, I was hesitant to come at first, but in the end I couldn't help myself to come; at least to watch him once before I die.

Tim hit the stage at 7.30 p.m as scheduled. He opened the show by singing his song from Winter, "Flaws", while playing his guitar. Even though he didn't come in a full band, the Brisbane guy came with Dex on drum and Aaron on piano.


Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @rifaluna

I was standing on the 3rd row and so emotional and tried my best not to scream; ruining his perfect and beautiful voice. The songs from latest album like "Silver Lining" and "In the End" were performed next. Tim seemed enjoying his performance because he was even not shy to dance during those songs. I love it so much!

After singing the opening songs, Tim said hay and introduced himself. "Hay, thank you so much everybody for coming to watch us playing. We're called Vancouver Sleep Clinic, but we're actually from Australia, so not Vancouver. Uh, that's a beautiful lie. But, yeah, this is actually our first time in Indonesia, so happy to be here."


Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @rifaluna
Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @rifaluna


Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @rifaluna

Of course they brought "Someone to Stay" on the stage. Oh, I still can feel it, how my heart was aching listening to Tim singing "Someone to Stay" in his goddamn falsetto. I was so content and relieved since he also performed his another debut song, "Collapse", to the stage. "Killing Me to Love You" was performed differently without the drum, so it was only Tim singing and Aaron was playing his piano. No doubt it gave us more that sentimental feeling.

The song he played next is actually really unfamiliar for me, I'm pretty sure it isn't in any of his albums or singles.

I think the gig hit its climax when Tim sang "Ayahuasca". I came forward right in very front row so that I could see him clearly and heard his voice just superb along with his guitar playing. I love the way Tim moved and touched his hair during the performance. It was so mesmerizing yet surreal!


Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @_cecxc

Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @_cecxc

He also sang a cover version of Drake's "Don't Matter to Me" and believe me that the way he was singing made the song kinda had a whole different feeling and nuance in it. Bet that was because of his angelic voice.

Before bringing his last song, Tim said thanks and his wish to see us soon. "Closure" closed mon another dream concert that night, but of course without Drew Love's voice. Anyhow, even after the show had ended, I still couldn't believe what was just I saw. Tim Bettinson, ladies and gentlemen, comes to my real life.


Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @_cecxc

That was not the end, though. Tim went down the stage and said hay to his fans in person, letting them say hay and take pictures with him.

What happened to me at that time:

Me: Hay, Tim. Remember the one who told you that she dreamt about you having concert in front of her house?
Tim: Oh, are you Anggra?
Me: Yeah, that's me. *Me trying my best not to collapse in front of him*

I couldn't believe that he remembered my name, I mean, I didn't even see that coming. We shared handshake, he gave me his warmth hug and we took a picture together. We talked for a minute and finally said goodbye.


Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Hodgepodge Superfest 2018/01092018 - @_cecxc

Of course it's not only my dream concert, this VSC's gig is more than extraordinary. He's so friggin' well on stage and freakin' humble in person.

Here's a sneak peak of his badass show, hope you enjoy it!




Thank you, Tim, for existing in this world. I'm looking forward for your next pieces!
See you soon, mon beloved Vancouver Sleep Clinic!

Comments